Opening Keynote Speaker, James Bird Guess
James Bird Guess, a world-renowned management consultant, began his career from the trunk of his car - literally. As the CEO of International Success Academy, author, a former member of historic Super Bowl XLV Slant Executive Committee, and honoree of the African American Leader Under 40 by the Texas Legislative Black Caucus, James will prepare you for success, providing insight into his amazing journey to leadership. We look forward to learning the key behind his proven success tool: Grind for Greatness!
Closing Keynote Speaker, Philip Tyler
As a father of three, Provost Marshal Award winner, Sergeant, Lieutenant, President of the Spokane NAACP, business owner, and a participant on multiple important committees, Philip Tyler will inspire and energize you to reach your very best potential in the field of parks and recreation. Philip's incredible journey through a varied and full professional and military career is truly a history of dedication and perseverance we can all learn from.
Tuesday Night President's Social - Grand Hotel Terrace
- No host bar, balcony will be open weather permitting
- Music, food, drinks, games, and possibly karaoke
- May 2nd 6-9PM
Wednesday Night Social - Mobius Science Center
- Visit the Mobius Science Center site
- Unique exhibits, interactive experiments, music, appetizers, local beer, wine and more. Take in views of the Spokane Falls and Monroe Street Bridge on the Riverfront Park Skyride. Experience Huntington Park and learn the history of the Spokane Tribe of Indians and why this area is a very important gathering place! It’s going to be fun! (Appetizers provided, no host bar)
- May 3rd, 5:30-9PM
After Banquet Social - Nyne Bar
- Visit the Nyne Bar site
- After the banquet take a short walk through downtown to Nyne Bar and Bistro. Enjoy fun music or karaoke, dancing and WRPA specialty drinks! You will also receive a map of nearby local hangouts to hit that evening to make the week even more memorable!
- May 4th, following the banquet
Click here to visit the WRPA website.